Which Comes First, Cardio or Weights?: Fitness Myths, Training Truths, and Other Surprising Discoveries from the Science of Exercise
Publisher: Tantor Media
Date: May 2020
Duration: 8 hours 13 minutes
In Which Comes First, Cardio or Weights?, physicist and award-winning journalist Alex Hutchinson tackles dozens of commonly held beliefs and looks at just what research science has-and has not-proven to be true:
- Should I exercise when I'm sick?
- Do I get the same workout from the elliptical machine that I get from running?
- What role does my brain play in fatigue?
- Will running ruin my knees?
- To lose weight, is it better to eat less or exercise more?
This myth-busting book covers the full spectrum of exercise science and offers the latest in research from around the globe, as well as plenty of practical tips on using proven science to improve fitness, reach weight loss goals, and achieve better competition results.